steadyaku47

Wednesday 12 January 2011



My Declaration of Self-Esteem

by Virginia Satir



I AM ME


In all the world, there is no one else exactly like me
Everything that comes out of me is authentically me
Because I alone chose it - I own everything about me
My body, my feelings, my mouth, my voice, all my actions,
Whether they be to others or to myself - I own my fanatasies,
My dreams, my hopes, my fears - I own all my triumphs and
Successes, all my failures and mistakes Because I own all of
Me, I can become intimately acquainted with me - by so doing
I can love me and be friendly with me in all my parts - I know
There are aspects about myself that puzzle me, and other
Aspects that I do not know - but as long as I am
Friendly and loving to myself, I can courageously
And hopefully look for solutions to the puzzles
And for ways to find out more about me - However I
Look and sound, whatever I say and do, and whatever
I think and feel at a given moment in time is authentically
Me - If later some parts of how I looked, sounded, thought
And felt turn out to be unfitting, I can discard that which is
Unfitting, keep the rest, and invent something new for that
Which I discarded - I can see, hear, feel, think, say, and do
I have the tools to survive, to be close to others, to be
Productive to make sense and order out of the world of
People and things outside of me - I own me, and
therefore I can engineer me - I am me and


I AM OKAY 

1 comment:

  1. I believe that each society has an obligation to care for its members, equal to the obligation of members to contribute to society. You don't get to grab the goodies and just walk away. People must have access to jobs that earn enough to live on. I'd rather see people take care of each other willingly, effectively, and locally so that folks in need aren't forced to rely on a clunky govn. And I think that a fundamental problem today is that people simply don't care about each other anymore -- they're okay with human beings dying of preventable causes. I'm really not.

    ReplyDelete