steadyaku47

Tuesday 16 August 2011

Change is YOU!


I do not think that when he was Lord of All that he surveyed, Saddam Hussein would have thought that he could end his days dangling from the end of a hangman’s noose. Can you imagine what would have gone through Hitler’s mind as he realized that his end was near in that underground bunker many many years ago? That he was about to kill himself? And now we see the spectacle of Hosni Mubarak theatrically being wheeled into the court room on a bed! Whatever happens at his trial the ending of his life cannot be more humiliating for this once powerful ruler of Egypt. There is also the Shah of Persia, Marcos, Suharto….all once powerful leaders who died scorned and hated by the very people they once ruled over. Our Tunku did not die in peace…the last years of his productive life was spent fighting the very UMNO he was once leader of. Now we have Mahathir…past 80 a bitter old man who by his very actions does lead us to believe that he thinks he is relevant to the power structure within UMNO….possibly he might think that he is UMNO!

For those of us that sees all this and also makes an effort to understand human nature we know that all this are the theatre of life. I can go into NST this morning or Bernama and pull out any number of items that I want then dissect and spin them to any conclusion that I want – in support of BN or PR. To highlight Najib’s success in guiding Malaysia towards a better future or to highlight Najib’s failure to address the ills of UMNO. And I can do all this and still maintain my “credibility” as a writer …well at least to my own satisfaction.

But in the quiet of the evening when I am alone in my thoughts….this are the things that really matters….at least to me. Am I comfortable within myself for the things that I do? The things that I will or will not accept of life around me?

Do not color your “comfortableness” by race, religion or political affiliations. Just ask yourself “Is it right?”. Is it right that an 80 year old man is trying to meddle in the political affairs of our country? Is it right that the wife of our Prime Minister is bent on taking center stage in the affairs of our country? Is it right that our politicians are regarded as dogs, pigs and the lowest form of human beings in our country?           

Is it right that there is still no closure on Altantuya? That the parents and family of Teoh Beng Hock, Kugan and Aminurasyid are still asking for justice from the authorities?

That we have this leader of our opposition on trial for sodomy?

When will all this madness cease? Where did it all started from? Mahathir? Pak Lah? Najib? Or us?

As in all things Malaysians….the alpha Malaysian is Najib. From him comes good. From him comes evil. From him emanates goodness.From him too has come the blight that now overshadows our lives and our future. And to him we now must go to effect change within our country.

The question now is whether Nnajib is up to the task of effecting change – change for the betterment for our country and our people.    

I think he can if left to his own devices and without interference from UMNO. But then he is UMNO. He leads UMNO and what UMNO wants Najib must want to. And UMNO wants their corrupt ways to continue. UMNO and money politics are one and the same thing. For Najib to remain Prime Minister this too will have to be his creed. Rosmah is just a manifestation of all that UMNO is in a female. Evil, greed and arrogance personified!

And so this is why I am saying that your thought process is important. For our country to change we must change. We must see all these abuses by our politicians as being wrong. What they do is evil because no good men or women would steal millions of Ringgits from the very people they are leaders of! No good men or women would ignore the need to find answers to the death of Altantuya, Teoh, Beng Hock, Kugan and Aminurasyid amongst others. No good men or women will act the way our politicians are now acting – with arrogance, contempt and without understanding the aspirations of the people that voted them into office.

That I can write about this is and have you read about it is a start. You can do the same. If you cannot write then go talk to someone and make them see the need to change their way of thinking. We must rid ourselves of these people that have drag our country, our people our way of life into the same abyss that they are now in. To do anything less would mean that we have failed our children and in the process failed ourselves. So stop asking me to highlight the corruption and the abuse of power within our country. I have done that in the past and more….and I will do so again when I think it appropriate. For now change yourself….and change some one with you.    

2 comments:

  1. I hv beeb following yr articles for months Pak Hussien. It is good to note writers looking deep within to articulate responsibly. Malaysia is going thru terrible times now. Righteousness must prevail one day for Allah or God to bless Malaysia. Our leadership today no longer cares. May Allah or God hv mercy on our beautiful land. U touched the vy depths of yr mind & heart when u wrote this. In so doing, u touched many persons, me included. May good common sense prevail today. I yearn for Malaysia of the yesteryears when we leave peacefully, mindful of Malay rights, but when racism is a word unheard off. Today it is everywhere. In schools... can u believe it Pak Hussien... My daughter came home telling her Malay teacher brought Domino pizza into class & say only treat for Malay pupils. Non Malays cannot eat. Humbug... my 13 yrs old said 'what a racist, I hate her'. Imagine, what damage control? I yearn for leadership that will make a difference with a heart for Malaysia. 'Truly Asia' cannot be acheived with a corrupt mind and hands in kittybag. Allah blesses u Pak Hussein. There r many who silently appreciate yr writings.... Keep on blogging... Speak write thruthfully ... For he who hv eyes see, who hv ears listen...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Pak Hussein

    Glad you are back! This is a lovely reflective piece to set us all digging deeper into ourselves for what Malaysia can be.

    I have always believed that one of the worst things BN has done to us- and I call it "BN culturalisation"- is getting us to a place where we cannot see any other possibilities and where we cannot and, worse, dare not hope for better things. I have fought this bleakness and continue fighting it, truth be told. Through it all, I have only faith. Sometimes, even that can buckle over, and things would look like such a dead end that there is no way but out. It is a dark, dark place to be. I don't like it there and so I look for the sunshine.

    This article of yours is a ray of sunshine! Cheers to a better Malaysia.

    ReplyDelete