steadyaku47

Tuesday 1 January 2013

Cakap cakap......First day of the year.



Its just past 6.27 am on the first day of 2013. I have been awake since 4.30 am ...reading a bit of Tagore  in bed. My wife is sleeping beside me. After Tagore I am now listening to Perry Como singing "Its Impossible"....I cannot think of anything else that I would like to do at this very moment than to be where I am now and doing what I am doing now - beside my wife,writing and listening to Perry Como over and over again. 

It should be just past 5 am in KL and I am sure some of you are already up and about...thinking of the coming day and what you will have to do. "What you will have to do!"....that does not sound too good does it?  But I know that for most of you the business of earning a living goes on day in and day out. 

I stopped thinking about that a long long time ago. I have no house, no possession, nothing of value that I would worry about and just enough of everything that I need - not what I want but what I need - to keep me comfortable. Of course I could do with a bit more of this and that...but nothing that would have me do something I do not want to do. It took a bit of persuading for me to tell myself to accept that life without a BMW or a Merc, a Yacht or the very very good things in life is okay...but I am getting there. Having the same girl I married at 21 still with me and two kids of whom I will not yet give unconditional love, but of whom I am proud and delighted to love and have them love me back (I hope...) makes everything good.

Today I have no plans to do anything but write. Probably I will make breakfast for my wife if she wakes up early or lunch if she wakes up late. After that I have the rest of the day to do as I like! Maybe I might cook the rest of the lamb chops in curry and have it with basmati rice....maybe! So much time with so little to do! Life is good.           







5 comments:

  1. Dear Hussien,
    Happy New Year and may 2013 bring fulfillment in your life.

    Cheers,
    EK Yee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Hussien,

    Wishing you and your family A Happy New Year and my best wishes to you in everything you do in 2013.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Hussien,
    this is what I wish for you:
    Love, peace and joy
    Love to make your memories brighter
    Peace to keep your heart at rest
    Joy to make your new year wonderful and really blessed.
    Now may the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing.
    Have an awesome year ahead for you and your family!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sir,

    Hats off to you. Should I face the unfortunate event that my wife becomes immobilized or any part of her impaired before me, I would look up to you and make breakfast for her too. You bring tears to my eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The gloom over my head is sticking like a glue bro but like you....life goes on...just remember you are not alone......chilll.

    ReplyDelete