steadyaku47

Monday 11 March 2013

PKR and Saiful...how stupid can PKR get?

steadyaku47 comment....if this is not the height of stupidity by PKR in as far as trying to maintain some form of credibility for PKR's involvement in the 'confession' of Saiful's father...then I think DSAI, as leader of PKR, should have his head examined!  




Saiful’s dad joins PKR

G Vinod
 | March 11, 2013
Azlan Mohd Lazim said that he had supported PKR since 1998 and hopes that Pakatan Rakyat would win in the general election.
PETALING JAYA: Saiful Bukhari Azlan’s father, Azlan Mohd Lazim, announced that he will be joining PKR today.
He submitted his application form to PKR secretary-general Saifuddin Nasution at a press conference held at the party headquarters here today.
Azlan was flanked by PKR MPs Abdullah Sani and Johari Abdul.
Last week, Azlan, 60, dropped a bombshell when he said that Opposition Leader Anwar Ibrahim was innocent of the allegations in Sodomy II.
He also said that his son, Saiful Bukhari, was a pawn in high-level political conspiracy to frame Anwar, masteminded by Prime Minister Najib Tun Razak’s special officer, Khairil Annas Jusoh.
However, Saiful denied his father’s claims and insisted he was sodomised by Anwar.
Azlan, a retiree, said that he had always supported PKR and Anwar since the Reformasi era.
“I hope PKR and Pakatan Rakyat as a whole will win big in the 13th general election,” he said.
On Saiful standing firm on his accusations, Azlan refused to comment on the matter.
However, Azlan said that he was heartened by Saiful’s statement that he would always love his father.
“I apologise to Saiful if my decisions had affected him. It’s not my intention to betray my son.
“I will always love my children. Just because I have joined PKR does not mean I’m going to ignore my blood,” he said.
During the question and answer session, Azlan dodged many queries posed to him, including on why he revealed on Anwar’s innocence only five years later.
” As a Malaysian, I can decide for myself. Besides, I have thought a lot about it and its implications,” he said.
He also dodged questions on why he did not stop his son from taking a religious oath on the sodomy case in 2009 if he had known Anwar was not guilty.
On allegations that he received financial remuneration for being alligned to PKR, Azlan said, “I can’t stop people from slandering me. Let them speak. Besides, I joined a political party and it has nothing to do with the sodomy trial.”
Whether he would take a religious oath on the matter, Azlan said that he would not do it as people are making a mockery out of the sacred vow.
Pressed on the matter, Saifuddin interjected by saying, “If everyone takes a religious vow, then we won’t need courts.”
At this juncture, Azlan refused to take anymore questions from the media and Saifuddin coated the former with a PKR vest and cap as a symbol of acceptance to the party.
“I will take up his application to the party’s political bureau soon” said Saiffudin, who is also Machang MP.
Azlan later left the press conference in a haste with the PKR leaders despite reporters’ attempt to ask more questions.
Also present were PAS MP Khalid Samad and independent MP Lajim Ukin.

No comments:

Post a Comment