steadyaku47

Thursday 10 September 2015

Berita Daily : I am still a Malaysian, still a Malay but I do not wish to stay in Malaysia.

Berita Daily


10/09/2015 08:44 AM
Why I'm far from the maddening crowd

 The part about being a Malay that upsets me now is the other Malays, mainly the Umno politicians in KL, who take other Malays for fools!






Hussein Hamid

I am a Malay and I have no wish to be anyone else or anything else but a Malay. I have never wanted to have been born with lighter skin or blue eyes. Never wanted to have ancestors that discovered America, or roots that I could trace back to Africa, or to the start of the Ice Age and beyond.

I am comfortable being a Malay, proud to be a Malay and will tell anyone who asks me that I am a Malay. There is nothing about the Malays that I can think of that makes me ashamed to be of the Malay race.

I have lived in Australia for over 30 years. I am still a Malaysian, still a Malay but I do not wish to stay in Malaysia.

Why do I want to continue to be a Malay but not live in Malaysia? Many reasons. Some personal and some because of the lifestyle that I choose to want to live by.

click here to read more at Berita Daily

No comments:

Post a Comment