steadyaku47

Wednesday 13 July 2016

cakap cakap...Happy 45th Wedding Anniversary Mom and Dad!


Happy 45th Wedding Anniversary Mom and Dad :)

steadyaku47 comment : There you go....my daughter in Canada just told me that I have been married 45 years today and she wished her Mom and Dad "Happy 45th Wedding Anniversary".

As any husbands "and wives" (my italics) knows, it is the Mrs that remembers all these truly insignificant milestone of our lives. I am not going to debate, with anyone, what is "significant" and what is "insignificant" in our lives. I am not too smart but I am not that stupid as to start an argument with any female that I know I will never win....but I digress. Back to me and my wife.....  

Dementia has taken from my wife the ability to remind me of those "insignificant milestones" of our lives together....so I am glad that my daughter has taken that task over. 

Terrina's wishes came through about half an hour ago just as I was putting my wife to bed. 

This is about one of my favorite times of the day. Soon my wife will be drifting off to sleep while I begin my "work" on my blog. If you look at the image below you can see my wife in her bed and if you look closely at the mirror...you can see me sitting across her, nearby,  at my desk with my bed in between us....she is comfortable and I hope happy and I am at peace with everything else. Bliss.  



If truth be told....for the life of me, I cannot even remember the day I got married.

According to my daughter that was 45 years ago! 

Who remembers what happened 45 years ago unless something like Pearl Harbor or the Japanese Invasion of Malaya happened on the same day...and nothing even close to those two events happened on my wedding day!

If any of you out there wants to hantam me for forgetting my "getting married" day then try to remember what we husband do almost on a daily basis. What do we husband do? Try this for starters:

Ours not to make reply,
  Ours not to reason why,
Ours but to do and die:
Into the valley of Death
Rode all of us.

Cannon to our right,
Cannon to our left,
Cannon in front of us
Volley'd and thunder'd;
Storm'd at with shot and shell,
Boldly we rode and well,
Into the jaws of Death,
Into the mouth of Hell


No I am not just telling you what life is like for Najib....but that is what a lot of husband also do....willingly (I think!) just so that we can earn an honest ringgit (unless if you are in Umno or BN...then it has to be a dishonest ringgit!) to feed our family and have a roof over their head. Do not fault husbands for forgetting those kind of things....our brains are simply not wired to remember those things.

Now back to those 45 years! 

Dementia has also taken the ability to talk from my wife almost two years ago. 

The last conversation I remember having with her was from around that time when we were having a Sunday morning coffee at the cafe across the streets from where we lived. At that time I could already see what dementia was doing to her mentally and physically.  I remembered looking at her and asking her if she knew how much I loved her. She smiled and said "Yes"...and I asked her how did she knew? She said "by looking in your eyes". That conversation has stayed with me all this time and will, I know, stay with me for a long long time to come.

Life is good. 

No comments:

Post a Comment